FUN THINGS TO DO
It’s all happening in Northern Colorado!
Fun Things To Do
Our connections look a little different right now, but that doesn’t weaken our bond. Please explore the links and resources below. We love this great community of Northern Colorado that we call home. While temporarily distanced, there are countless opportunities for continued connection!
- 11/7: Fort Collins Winter Farmers Market opens with special holiday markets.
- 11/7-12/23: All aboard The Polar ExpressTM Train!
- 11/14: Winter Wonderlights opens at the Chapungu Sculpture Park at Centerra.
- 11/23-12/31: Blossoms of Lights at the Denver Botanic Gardens.
- 11/23-12/31: Denver Zoo Lights
- 11/27-28: Holiday Lane at Greeley’s Island Grove
- 11/27-12/11: Greeley Festival of Trees
- 11/27-12/31: Denver Parade of Lights
- 12/5: Windsor Wonderland
- 12/9-1/1: Fort Collins Garden of Lights
- Denver Mile High Holidays
- Create Your Holidays in Old Town Fort Collins
- Visit Loveland for the Holidays
- Holidays in Downtown Longmont
- A Guide to the Holidays in Estes Park
A Natural Escape
While most facilities and events are closed or canceled, many of our outdoor spaces remain accessible to the public. Before visiting, please check with individual parks regarding changes to park operations. If you choose to visit a national park, please ensure that you follow CDC and state and local guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and practice Leave No Trace principles.
- Explore Community Trails & Open Space: Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Windsor, Johnstown-Milliken, Estes Park
- Larimer County Open Spaces & Trails
- Weld County Open Spaces & Trails
- Poudre River Trail Corridor
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- The Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland
- Pawnee National Grassland
In honor of #NationalVolunteerWeek, United Way is proud to announce their new community volunteer portal, NoCoVolunteers.org! Visit NoCoVolunteers.org to create your volunteer profile and find your next volunteer opportunity, with openings available either in-person or virtually.
Our volunteer portal features a variety of nonprofit agencies ready for your help to make an impact in our community. To help respond to this unprecedented challenge, please consider donating your time, talent or treasure to help strengthen our communities.
Fun At-Home Activities
- Transform Your Backyard: Explore the Spruce’s 50 ideas to transform your yard into a destination.
- Online Cooking Class: Take an online cooking classes with The Seasoned Chef, Dan Witherspoon. He is one of the most well-known chefs in the Denver area!
- Online Cooking Class: At Home Cooking Experience: Kids Cook Family Dinner presented by The Cooking Studio Fort Collins. Recurring weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.
- Online Cooking Class: Cooking from the Farmers Market presented by Farm Fusion.
- Hearts for Heroes: Post hearts on your windows to show gratitude for those working on the front lines.
- Chalk Your Walk: Use sidewalk chalk to liven up your sidewalks with uplifting messages and artwork!
- Make a Movie: Lights. Camera. Action. Put your creative hat on and make your own movie with your family playing starring roles.
Be sure to check out our Community Calendar for a detailed breakdown of how you can support and connect with our communities!